FAQ - CPD
- Do I start my CPD from the day I join as a member of The Institute?
The CPD year runs from 1st January to 31st December, If you are a member from 1st January, you can apply accordingly. However, if for example you became a member in September then you can start CPD immediately.
- Can I backdate or carry over CPD hours?
CPD is for a three year period and will be valid only for this period. Backdated CPD hours cannot be claimed, nor carry over hours to the next CPD period.
- I am retired. But occasionally carry out professional work. Do I have to comply with the CPD guidelines set out in Guide?
- Can lecturing hours claim for CPD?
Yes. But CPD hours granted will be permitted to the extent to new knowledge you acquired which is verifiable.
- Does CMA accept CPD activities from non-CMA sources?
CMA will accept CPD activities from any source competent in the relevant field. Full credit provided for CPD activities conducted by other IFAC member bodies.