What is CMA?
The Institute of Certified Management Accountants (CMA) of Sri Lanka was set up in the year 1999 with Technical Assistance of CMA Canada and launched on 3rd of June 2000. CMA was incorporated by the Parliament Act No.23 of 2009 in April 2009 and is the National Professional Management Accounting Institution in Sri Lanka. Since its inception, CMA has steadily progressed to an Institute comprising over 20,000 students and 2341 Members. CMA promotes and develops the study of Management Accounting, Financial Accounting and conducts the Certified Management Accounting Program leading to a Professional Management Accounting qualification.
Why follow the CMA Study Programme?
- Affordable cost. Eg. Initial student registration fee is only Rs.2,700.00
- The total duration of the course is only 2 ½ years
- Practical training is not mandatory to complete the exams and could be taken either during or after completing of exams
- The option exists to sit for one or more subjects at examinations
- Exemptions are granted from recongised national and international examinations, and universities
- Career path to complete a Bachelor in Management Studies Degree with exemptions from the Open Universtiy of Sri Lanka while doing CMA exams
How can I obtain a degree with CMA at an affordable cost?
CMA students who have passed the Professional Stages can register for the 5th level of the Bachelor of Management Studies Degree conducted by the Open University of Sri Lanka. Therefore, the 4 year degree programme can be completed in two years whilst studying for CMA.
How can I obtain a MBA with CMA?
A CMA is eligible to follow the MBA Programme at the Postgraduate Institute of Management affiliated to the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Exemptions granted for CMA examinations?
University Degrees, MBA, Full/Part Professional qualifications, Full/Part HNDA, Part degree passes. Pls contact CMA office.
What are the exemptions granted by other Professional Examinations for the CMA Qualification?
- CMA Passed Finalists are eligible to follow the MBA at the Postgraduate Institute of Management (University of Sri Jayewardenepura)
- CMAs gain international recognition via CGA Canada, CPA Australia, ACCA (UK), and the Management Accounting bodies of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Membership designations are ACMA for Associates who are granted membership after they complete the examinations and three years of approved practical traning.
- FCMA designation denotes Fellows who are senior members with a minimum of 5 years senior work experience.
How often do you conduct the Examinations?
Examinations are conducted by the Department of Examinations of Sri Lanka. It will be conducted twice a year, during May and November.
Do you offer Scholarships ?
Scholarships are granted to students with outstanding results, and those students who require financial assistance. All schools throughout the country are granted an annual quota of scholarships. For details please contact the Students Registration Division.
How do I study for CMA?
- E-learning (www.cma-srilanka.org)
- Institutes accredited by CMA
- Self study by using CMA study text