Three passes at the G. C. E. Advanced Level Examination together with a Pass in English Language and Mathematics at the G.C.E. O/L Examination
A candidate who has one of the following qualifications also can register as a Student.
- A relevant Degree of a University o0f Sri Lanka or any other University approved by the council of the Institute.
- Membership of the Sri Lanka Government Accountants Service.
- Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, U.K.
- Final Examinations of the Institute of Financial Accountants, U.K.
- Final Examination of the Association of the International Accountants, U.K.
- Final Examination of the Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka or London.
- Final Examination of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Foundation Examination /CAB 1 of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Part qualification of professional, university, vocational and other qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- AAT Level II(Accounting Analyst – AA2).
- Final examination of the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB).
- A candidate who has passed any of the examinations indicated in the "Exemption Policy" is eligible to register as a Student.
- Candidates who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at the G. C. E. O/L but have secured subject passes in Business Communication and Business Mathematics in another Professional or University examination will be eligible to register as a student provided other entry requirements are met.
- Final Examination of CCA of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (CMA)
Those in employment and over 18 years of age with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Accounting environment, together with a recommendation from the employer will be considered for registration under Mature Entry.