Certificate in Computerized Accounting (CCA)
CMA Sri Lanka offers you a unique opportunity to follow a fully practical IT course specially tailored to suit the requirements of an Accounting & Finance Division. A job Oriented Course accepted by employers. The Certificate in Computerized Accounting was launched as a career path leading to the professional management accounting qualification.
The programme offers students a solid foundation in computerized accounting practical skills to produce middle level certified accounting technologists to meet the growing demand in the private and public sectors.
- To impart a sound knowledge and skills in Computerized Accounting.
- To provide hands on experience in the use of an Accounting software package.
- To provide hands on experience in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation & database software packages.
Medium of Instructions and Examinations will be only in English
Registration is the first step to become a student of the Computerized Accounting Course. Registration is open throughout the year. However those who wish to take the April examination should register on or before 31st January of the current year; for August examination, on or before 30th April and for December examination 31st July in that year.
- Six passes at G.C.E. O/L examination having 06 credit passes obtained in one sitting with passes in English and Mathematics.
(Students who have not passed English or Mathematics can be admitted on written recommendation of an accredited educational institute)
- Two passes at G.C.E. A/L examination.
- Mature Entry
Those in employment and over 18 years of age with over one years experience in an accounting environment with a recommendation from the employer will be considered for registration under mature entry.
***Students without the A/L can be enrolled to the CMA Programme with the CCA Qualification. For this the students should possess six (6) credit passes including English & Mathematics in O/L Exam.
Teaching at Computer Centre
- Training conducted by experienced and dedicated lecturers, ensuring qualiyt teaching, where lectures are combined with hands on training.
- Multimedia presentation in an air-conditioned lecture room, simulating an accounting office environment.
- Small group classes, individual attention to each student and computer for each student.
- comprehensive Study Packs.
Examination - conduct 03 times a year (April / August / December)
Duration of the course is 04 mnths