Facilities for CMA qualifications
The following institutions grant exemptions and certain facilities / resources for CMA qualifications.
- Open University of Sri Lanka – Bachelor of Management Studies - (BMS) of the Department of Management Studies
BMS Degree is of four years duration – structured as level 3, level 4, level 5 and level 6. Students can specialize in Marketing or Human Resource Management in Level 6. This is an excellent opportunity for CMA students to complement the CMA professional qualification with a degree. Passed Finalists of CMA Sri Lanka can register for the BMS Degree Programme at level 5. Students completed operational level or level above also could register for the BMS Degree Programme at level 5. However, they could obtain the degree certificate only after completion of CMA.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - ACCA (UK)
Awards maximum of 9 exemptions out of 14 exams in total
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – CIMA (UK)
Exemptions are awarded by CIMA (UK) for papers at Foundation Level and Operational Level, on completion of CMA
- Institute of Financial Accountants – IFA(UK)
IFA (UK) awards their Technician Stage qualification on completion of CMA Level 1 Foundation and Level2 Operational / Technician and Intermediate Stages. Exemptions are offered for CMA subjects for subjects by IFA Technician, Associate and Fellow level papers.
- Certified Management Accountants – CMA British Colombia, Canada
- Certified Management Accountants – CMA Ontario , Canada
- Certified General Accountants of Ontario – CGA Canada
Passed Finalists and members are offered exemptions from 12 subjects of the CGA Ontario. The subjects can be found at www.cga-ontario.org .
- CPA – Australia
Passed Finalists and members who qualified taking the CMA syllabus which came into effect in 2007and or 2012 completed a Degree are eligible to get an assessment from CPA Australia. CPA Australia Ltd, CPA Centre-Level 28,385 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
- Deakin University – Melbourne, Australia
Passed Finalists and members are offered exemptions from 10 credit points, an equivalent of two and a half semesters of the Deakin University, Melbourne Australia. Web site deakin.edu.au/international.