A candidate who has one of the following qualifications could register as a Student.
- For English Medium
a) Two passes at the G. C. E. Advance Level examination together with a Credit Pass in English Language and a simple pass in Mathematics at the G.C.E. O/L Examination
For Sinhala / Tamil Medium
(b) Two passes at the G. C. E. Advance Level examination together with a Simple Pass in English Language and Mathematics at the G.C.E. O/L Examination
(Up to now Not applicable to students following course online)
- A relevant Degree of a University of Sri Lanka or any other University approved by the council of the Institute.
- Membership of the Sri Lanka Government Accountants Service.
- Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, U.K.
- Final Examinations of the Institute of Financial Accountants, U. K.
- Final Examination of the Association of the International Accountants, U. K.
- Final Examination of the Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka, London.
- Final Examination of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Foundation Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Part qualification of professional, university, vocational and other qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- AAT Stage 2.
- Final examination of the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB).
- A candidate who has passed any of the examinations indicated in the "Exemption Policy" is eligible to register as a Student.
- Candidates who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at the G. C. E. O/L but have secured subject passes in Business Communication and Business Mathematics in another Professional or University examination will be able to register as a student provided other entry requirements are met.